CBR1100XX.org Forum

Aftermarket exhaust

firedlt

I know there are many opinions, but which is the best aftermarket exhaust system for the 03 XX as far as gained HP and not so loud the harleys feel bad.

Ti Force and Akrapovic give the best power gains, i think. Both are 4-2-1 systems, the yoshimura 4-2-1 system gets good hp gains as well. but as a trade off the center stand wont work on all the 4-2-1 systems. Get a full system if you want the most power. I put dual carbon fiber two brother slipons on my xx because I like how they look, like the way they, sound and they saved me alot of weight. do some thread searchs on exhaust I'm sure you will find your answers.

Thanks I would like to do the slip ons because I want to keep the center stand. easier maint , rear tire change, chain lube etc. I have found 2 bros, and akr. that say they work just curious. Plus I don't care about being loud I like the stealth seems like more & more people are complaining about loud pipes and I don't want to give the LEO's any more reason to pull me over than I already do.

Micron has a nice sound and mine had a tab on it for a center stand stop

Tbros are not back until you get on it and have been told it's startling on a fly by. They also have a gizmo for the stand.

Touch base with JRed, he makes a stop piece for 4-2-1 systems.

My Two Brothers are loud. They are anything but stealth, especially being geared 16/45 the added revs make the bike seem loud all the time now. I suppose I could repack them, but the sound doesn't bother me that much, but for your info two brothers are generally loud all though they are repackable... but who really want to do that?

I know there are many opinions, but which is the best aftermarket exhaust system for the 03 XX as far as gained HP and not so loud the harleys feel bad.

Ti Force and Akrapovic give the best power gains, i think. Both are 4-2-1 systems, the yoshimura 4-2-1 system gets good hp gains as well. but as a trade off the center stand wont work on all the 4-2-1 systems. Get a full system if you want the most power. I put dual carbon fiber two brother slipons on my xx because I like how they look, like the way they, sound and they saved me alot of weight. do some thread searchs on exhaust I'm sure you will find your answers.

+1

Also, I dropped about 35Lbs when I went to the Yoshimura 4-2-1 (the bike , not me)

Center stand use is difficult on the Akra, some have said it works fine, others say it pushes against the pipe. Seems to be inconsistent.

TiForce comes with the center stand stop (the one RedJ used as a template) with no issues on it's use. It's also the only fully-ti system readily available for the XX, and the most power gains. Tapered head pipes, perfect welds, less than 9lbs for full system, and fits like a glove. Not as loud as most, either.

TBR are pretty low on the quality scale, as is D&D, but both can be had for less $$ than both the Akra & TiForce.

Center stand use is difficult on the Akra, some have said it works fine, others say it pushes against the pipe. Seems to be inconsistent.

TiForce comes with the center stand stop (the one RedJ used as a template) with no issues on it's use. It's also the only fully-ti system readily available for the XX, and the most power gains. Tapered head pipes, perfect welds, less than 9lbs for full system, and fits like a glove. Not as loud as most, either.

TBR are pretty low on the quality scale, as is D&D, but both can be had for less $$ than both the Akra & TiForce.

2nd set of Two Bro Ti slip ons, no issues with quatlity

Have Scorpions CF slip-ons. Love them. Still look great after 15K miles, never need repacking....and sound mean as hell w/out being obnoxiously loud. Added a power commander to them as well. They're not very expensive either.

post-859-1163038388_thumb.jpg

I have been looking at the Renegade high mounts. They look good but are pricey. I saw a set of Jardine slip on's on flea-bay, 4 big ones but that's 5 less than the Renegades.

Haven't had any O>T> lately so haven't been able to save money for the exhaust, good luck on your search and choice.

Low on the quality scale??? How do you figure that?? I've got a full system TBR on my Vmax with a C-4 Carbon Fiber cannister, a low mount TBR C-4 slip-on on my VFR and a TBR Ti C-2 dual slip on on my XX. Quality is excellent. I prefer the cast inlet/outlet vs the sheet metal/tig weld that looks cobbled together.

Guess evryone has a different opinion of quality. 132,000 on the Vmax...........no problems. 163,000 on the VFR..........no problems. 45,000 on the XX..........no problems.