CBR1100XX.org Forum

GP Shift

Dion

Does anyone know offhand if some company makes rearsets for the bird that will accomodate a GP shift pattern?

I did some quick searches but didn't find any thing.

I had some rearsets that would let you do the GP shift pattern. I never could get used to it so I went back to regular. I got them off of Joe and sold them to JasonW. I'll try and remember the name.

RAASK was the name of them. They were built real good. They used linkage to move the shifter shaft. You could put the arm on the top or bottom of the shaft to go from regular shift to GP shift.

I had some rearsets that would let you do the GP shift pattern. I never could get used to it so I went back to regular. I got them off of Joe and sold them to JasonW. I'll try and remember the name.

RAASK was the name of them. They were built real good. They used linkage to move the shifter shaft. You could put the arm on the top or bottom of the shaft to go from regular shift to GP shift.

i thought i saw some way back when i first got my xx..gilles i think the name was...definately a european brand for sure even if I am unsure of the brand

Yeah, Gilles Machine. I have a set on my '01. Adjustable in about 15 different positions and switching from race pattern to street pattern is about a 10 minute job.

I pretty much stay with the stock pattern all the time. When you have a half dozen bikes in the garage you want them all to shift the same. Very few adventures will get your attention like winding the piss out of third gear and executing a firm shift into second cause you forgot what you were riding. Yeah, I know it shouldn't go in but it can and did to me one time. Expensive error what with the broken motor and trying to get the shit stains out of my leathers from the rear wheel slide generated.

Does anyone know offhand if some company makes rearsets for the bird that will accomodate a GP shift pattern?

I did some quick searches but didn't find any thing.

I have a partial set of Raask rearsets in the garage.

I'll let them go for cheap but you will have to do some playing.

Thanks guys. Talk to me Jeff :icon_angel:

I tried it for about 4 laps and like the concept but need to re-educate myself and can't do it switching back and forth.

I wish it were as easy as switching the RC over. I prefur GP shifting vs conventional.

A buddy did it with an XX shifter and some other bits. I'll get the info from him for ya :icon_cool:

I wish it were as easy as switching the RC over. I prefur GP shifting vs conventional.

A buddy did it with an XX shifter and some other bits. I'll get the info from him for ya :icon_cool:

No Dion, thats what I'm sayin, both RC's are GP shift and I prefur that over regular. All you have to do with the RC is install a VFR or XX shifter and its done.

I like clicking down to upshift.

No Dion, thats what I'm sayin, both RC's are GP shift and I prefur that over regular. All you have to do with the RC is install a VFR or XX shifter and its done.

I like clicking down to upshift.

Don't miond me eyem alitreit :icon_redface: