CBR1100XX.org Forum

Looking for Chrome gas cap, brake/clutch levers

sokanxx

It looks like I am not going to have any good riding weather here for a while so I am going to start disassembly for my winter projects. I was curious if ayone has gotten their gas cap chromed?

I've decided I am going to chrome the gas cap, clutch, and brake lever, passenger pegs, Fork caps ,steering head bolt and rider pegs/sets. I will be flat black powdercoating the swingarm, top triple tree, and clipons. My wheels will continue to be factory black.

What do I need to do with the lock mechanism on the gas cap when I get it chromed? or better yet does anyone know where I can buy a chrome gas cap? I dont really care if it locks or not. alsoI would rather just buy a set of chrome clutch/brake lever anyone know where I can get this stuff for the XX?

If you can't find the peices / parts you want pre-chromed, I can probably polish those for you if you were interested in going that route. I've never done the gas cap yet , but I'm sure I could get a great finish off of it with the proper prep work. I have polished a couple of pairs of rearsets already with good success. Let me know if I can be of service. Just remember that if you for instance send the rearsets off to be chromed, they have to be well wet sanded before they go off.

I think I am going to chrome as much as possible. i think i will most likely polish the fork legs.

Do you think there will be a clearance issue if I chrome the brake and clutch lever? Will everything still fit alright. I know there are some awsome aftermarket levers, but i want my XX to still look very stock.

With my powdercoating and chroming I dont want to really change the look of the XX as much as accent it the way I think Mr Honda would... say he was not so damn conservative

I called a local chromer today and got a price quote (he said it would be around $200, but mostly likely a few dollars less)

This is what I will be getting chromed, or polished if he cant get a good chrome job:

- passenger pegs, peg hangers

- rider pegs, sets

-brake pedal

- shift lever

- gas cap ( I am leaning toward maybe buying the Pro-Tek one instead * thanks rockmeupto125)

- clutch & brake levers

-fork caps

-headbolt cover

- machined frame plugs bought off ebay

The local powdercoater shot me a price of $200 to flat black powdercoat:

- swing arm

- exhaust hangers

- top triple tree

- handlebar clip ons

I have never had any powdercoat or chrome work done, so i really dont know if this seems like a far price or not?

It looks like I am not going to have any good riding weather here for a while so I am going to start disassembly for my winter projects. I was curious if ayone has gotten their gas cap chromed?

I've decided I am going to chrome the gas cap, clutch, and brake lever, passenger pegs, Fork caps ,steering head bolt and rider pegs/sets. I will be flat black powdercoating the swingarm, top triple tree, and clipons. My wheels will continue to be factory black.

What do I need to do with the lock mechanism on the gas cap when I get it chromed? or better yet does anyone know where I can buy a chrome gas cap? I dont really care if it locks or not. alsoI would rather just buy a set of chrome clutch/brake lever anyone know where I can get this stuff for the XX?

heres a chrome cap will fit the bird.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...6221&rd=1,1