CBR1100XX.org Forum

1200big bore

scott s.

Bang for the buck, bore & head work isn't the way to go, IMNSHO. If you are going to spend $3k+ why not do something really fun like turbo it? Or save the $$ and toss a dry-shot on it for the same gains.

Otherwise, no, it doesn't hurt reliability, but will require a complete tune from top to bottom for best results. Additionally, I would use the PC3 for fuel, not the PC2.

what has to be done to convert a 2000 to use the pc3,,,get wire and computer for newer model????

Have pc2 on 2000.

i was thinking about a 1200 kit this winter.something to do you know.just wondered if anyone on the board has done this.going to have it ported and polished to.is relyability a problem?

Depends on what you're after in the long run. If you're looking for max power gains, go with a turbo. If you're looking for the occasional burst, go with the NOS. If you're like me, and just want more power/torque all around, then go with the big bore.

As Joe said, no reliability issues once you get enough valve/piston clearance. :icon_doh:

A good porting job is necessary, IMO, with any increase in displacement, but you can leave the stock valves in with a 1200. Cams are up to you, but you can gain a few more hp with the bigger cams, without sacrificing midrange torque.

Do yourself a big favor and buy a really good exhaust system. Ti-Force or Akrapovic. The Ti-Force is the better pipe, with the Akra very close in performance but priced ~$500 less.

what has to be done to convert a 2000 to use the pc3,,,get wire and computer for newer model????

Have pc2 on 2000.

According to Dynojet, they no longer make the PCII, it's only PCIII USB's now.

I also have a PCII on my 2000, and a PCIII (they now make them for the 99-01) on the way. AFAIK, the PCIII does not have a timing function, so I may keep the PCII for timing purposes only. The PCIII USB is definitely easier and faster to tune with direct injector control vs. the sensor "adjusting" system the PCII uses. I have large changes in my baro sensor adjustment with the PCII, which triggers the FI light at lower elevations if I use a large rpm range (roll-ons in 4th gear to redline for instance). If you can get a timing module for the XX w/PCIII, that would eliminate the need for the PCII.

If you already have the pc2, use it. It is just easier w/ the 3.

Agreed if your engine is stock or close to it. PCII is fine for smaller adjustments.