CBR1100XX.org Forum

I buckled and gave in.

TX1100F

9 Year old house. 5 dogs, 3 cats, 2 boys. Wife's been nagging about having it cleaned for 7 years. I kept refusing. "We can clean our own damn house!" I kept saying. Well, we both work and Saturdays are spent picking up crap and putting it back where it goes, and laundry, and yardwork, etc. It usually rolls into Sunday too. We have never really cleaned the house. :icon_rolleyes: Just the standard vaccuming, and bathroom wipedown quickies, etc. And then the weekend is over and the 'Bird never even got started. :icon_sad:

After trying in vain to make headway this weekend, I gave in and told her to find someone. She did. $250.

A crew of 3 people will be coming Wednesday morning to do the initial cleaning. The crew lead came by to eyeball what they are getting in to and she said it will take a full 8 hour day for the 3 of them. And maybe a followup to get the things they run out of time for. :icon_redface:

My hope is that weekends will become free again to do fun home improvement and family stuff. True? Any tips?

I am married with two boys a cat and a dog (shedding golden retriever). Once you get it cleaned it is all about maintnance. A little here, a little there. Make a schedule and post it. If your kids are old enough, give them an assignment also.

For instance. Monday- you clean kitchen she does laundry.

Tuesday- you vacum she dusts.

Wednesday- you laundry she cleans bathroom.

etc....................