CBR1100XX.org Forum

Adjustable Swingarm Extentions for the XX

sokanxx

I would bet that many of you have seen the bolt on swingarm extentions that are available for so many of the new sportbikes. does anyone know of any made for the XX? Or is their a bike that we know of that would use the same adjustable swingarm extentinos as the XX? I would like a set because it looks like they go on and off fairly quickly, this way i could make the bike long on drag days and return it to stock form for the rest of the time.

You could do that, but you're talking about using a clip type chain with 2 master links as you'd have to be able to add and remove links as necessary. I thought about doing this myself, but it's just not worth all that work IMO. There are companies that make the extensions, they're just difficult to find. Supposedly, 929RR's share the same swingarm extensions as the XX's but don't quote me on that. If you're having a hard time with wheelies on the launch, try a front strap, leaning father forward, or taking some preload out of the rear shock.