CBR1100XX.org Forum

digital gas gauge...

bpg

seems like my gas gauge is flashing the last bar pretty pessimistically as of late. I don't think I've EVER put more than 5 gallons in when it's flashing (even if it's flashed for 20-30 miles), sometimes less than 4.5 gallons...

My overall gas mileage has not changed from before, but I get the flashing "last bar" closer to 150 miles than 180 or more..

Anyone else ever have this happen?

Mine typically had 1.5 or so gallons left when it started flashing. It's also worth noting that the second half of the tank went about twice as fast as the first according to the gauge.

It depended on how hard I was riding. Easy does it, and she'd hit 200 before the reserve started flashing, and I'd usually end up putting at least 5 gallons in her. Hard and heavy, she'd hit about 160 when she started flashing and I'd usually end up putting about 4.5 to 4.8 gallons in. I guess in the long run, I'd rather she be a bit pessimistic and put gas in early than run out LOL!

Mine typically had 1.5 or so gallons left when it started flashing. It's also worth noting that the second half of the tank went about twice as fast as the first according to the gauge.

My 97 is the same way

Same with my 97, but when the light comes on I take 4.8 gallons and the book says the tank is 5.8 gallons

My 97 is the same way

Same with my 97, but when the light comes on I take 4.8 gallons and the book says the tank is 5.8 gallons

Dont even know if the light on mine works... I've ridden for a long time on E and got nervous enough not to pass the gas station. In two years of owning it I'v never seen the light come on... :icon_shhh: