CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fairing bolts

Redd

I think that's the kit I have. I went with the black anodized ones... mucho sweeto.

I reused the same rubber backing nuts.

The windscreen bolts or the fairing bolts? :icon_confused:

I think that's the kit I have. I went with the black anodized ones... mucho sweeto.

I reused the same rubber backing nuts.

The windscreen bolts or the fairing bolts? :icon_confused:

Ummm whoops. My bad. :icon_wall:

:icon_doh: Nothing see here... move along, folks.

I did, however, get a pro-bolt kit for my last bike, and was not impressed. Very generic.

Im missing one and have a scuff on another and a mismatched one. Thinking of replacing all of them with the pro-bolt set .....

anyone try these? Are they crap?

I got a black-anodized aluminum bodywork kit for my FJR, and they are pretty sweet for that bike.... but only because they were pretty close in size to the OEM fasteners on the FJR:

IPB Image

IPB Image

HOWEVER, the fasteners on the Blackbird are considerably different, and I do NOT think it's a good choice for the 'Bird, truth be told.

You can get replacement OEM Honda hardware for DIRT-CHEAP from Gary McCoy at University Motors. I just replaced three of the large (16mm) fasteners (used on the lower center of both side fairings, they are also on the forward portion on the rear cowl)) for surprisingly few $$$ from him.

Their web site: http://www.umotorsfargo.com/