CBR1100XX.org Forum

Hawk GT Handlebars

nickc2s

In the Pub is listed a 99 XX with a sidehack. One of the features of that set-up are Hawk handlebars, from the Hawk GT, 88-91. Ron Ayers fische lists 2 #s for these bars as there are 2 different amounts of rise for them. They are 41mm, correct for the XX. I think you would need longer brake and clutch cables as the higher rise bars are about 4 inches more than stock. Anyone ever done this conversion and what was necessary to do it properly?

besides fork size will the width between the forks vary on each bike and the offset of the frame mount point? i've thought bout geting a differnet clamp to do handlebars not clip ons......all that the XX is prolly the ONLY bike to fit exactly.....right?

fz1 fz1 multistrada all have 43mm and bar mounts

besides fork size will the width between the forks vary on each bike and the offset of the frame mount point? i've thought bout geting a differnet clamp to do handlebars not clip ons......all that the XX is prolly the ONLY bike to fit exactly.....right?

fz1 fz1 multistrada all have 43mm and bar mounts

I have a Speigler setup on my 97 XX. It consists of a Speigler upper triple tree and Speigler steel handlebars. It really isn't that comfortable for me, but I've never ridden on stock clip-ons, so I can't really compare. I can raise the front end up about 2 1/4" in the trees if I want. I need to try it to compare riding positions. I've never seen them elsewhere, and they were on the bike when I got it. The handlebars have a serial # on them of 0028. I'm not sure if they were prototypes, or short production run. Anybody else have this setup? Can post pics if needed.

Scott