CBR1100XX.org Forum

engine stumbled

rossh

2001 redbird 7200 mi had it about a month got it with 5900 mi.only use premium gas simce i have had it never below 1/4 tank .now for the problem yesterday while comming home on the interstate doing about 110 mph banking curve to right when the engine stumbled,like i suddenly let off on the throttle, the FI light lit as this happened.BTW i was about 10 mi in on a 27 mi commute.the fuel gauge read 1/2 i stopped and filled the tank.the rest of the way home no problem even ran upto 186 no stumble.today coming in to work it stumbled several times running between 110 -125 each time the FI light comes on.could this be fuel problem or ignition problem???

2001 redbird 7200 mi had it about a month got it with 5900 mi.only use premium gas simce i have had it never below 1/4 tank .now for the problem yesterday while comming home on the interstate doing about 110 mph banking curve to right when the engine stumbled,like i suddenly let off on the throttle, the FI light lit as this happened.BTW i was about 10 mi in on a 27 mi commute.the fuel gauge read 1/2 i stopped and filled the tank.the rest of the way home no problem even ran upto 186 no stumble.today coming in to work it stumbled several times running between 110 -125 each time the FI light comes on.could this be fuel problem or ignition problem???

By the way, you did buy my old bike with the leak at the rear balance shaft.

Hopefully the guy you bought it from who was selling it for the guy who bought it from me told you of the leak.

could of been some water in the tank and it finally got set free into the fuel system and caused hesitation.

Alot of condensation will form now as the season is getting to be warmer in the days and cooler in the nights.

Would also run some seafoam through it as that bike has sat some for its age and mileage.