CBR1100XX.org Forum

50VA chain///////////does anyone know this//HELP

XXSTAR

I am not positive, but I believe that is their older 'O' Ring chain.

If so, it is probably OK, but you won't get a lot of wear out of it. I'd guess half the life of their newer ZVM2 chains.

I believe their sight is didchain.com. Try there.

Ron: Somewhere down a little, there is a couple of page discussion about this very thing. Someone else got a VM instead of a ZVM because of a vendor mistake. I think your VA fits in here, because I think Griff is right, it's an older O ring version. Consensus seemed to be it'll work, but go really easy on the acceleration, and expect a low life on the chain. There was some opinion- that I happen to agree with, that said- "don't risk it"- because if it bites the biscuit, it'll probably grenade the engine case with it. And that's if you're lucky. The unlucky scenario is it freezes the wheel at speed and you go down. Personally, I wouldn't risk it.

Duane

Ron: Somewhere down a little, there is a couple of page discussion about this very thing. Someone else got a VM instead of a ZVM because of a vendor mistake.

Earlier thread on same topic

Mine is doing okay... :icon_pray: for now.