CBR1100XX.org Forum

Neutral indicator switch ?

HERBXX

Anyone had the neutral indicator switch screw up yet ? Mine seemed to be hanging up and not lighting the indicator even when the bike was in neutral.

After I got home and put the bike up on the center stand it seemed to be working okay. Any one changed the switch. I asume it is inside the cases on the end of the shift drum or something ? I havnt had a chance to look in the manual yet.

Thanks

Herb

Hey Herb,

You probably need to make sure it is the switch first and not just a bad connection. Using a pair of needle nose pliers, pull off the connector on the nuetral switch. Using a piece of wire, ground out the connector end of the switch wire harness. Turn the ignition switch to on and see if the light comes on. If it does then the switch is bad. Replacing the switch is easy. Get a deep well 14 or 15mm socket and screw it out of the crankcase. The switch is on the crankcase on the left side of the bike right next to the sidestand. You have to get down low to see it. I have a 2000 I just replaced mine yesterday. Good luck.

Hey Herb,

You probably need to make sure it is the switch first and not just a bad connection. Using a pair of needle nose pliers, pull off the connector on the nuetral switch. Using a piece of wire, ground out the connector end of the switch wire harness. Turn the ignition switch to on and see if the light comes on. If it does then the switch is bad. Replacing the switch is easy. Get a deep well 14 or 15mm socket and screw it out of the crankcase. The switch is on the crankcase on the left side of the bike right next to the sidestand. You have to get down low to see it. I have a 2000 I just replaced mine yesterday. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply !!!