CBR1100XX.org Forum

Autocomm 7-pin DIN plug

OrganDonor

I picked up a used Autocom off of eGay. The guy was upfront and said that one of the headset had been hacked apart. He sent me the mic and earphones, I just have to wire them to one end of cable, and the other end into a 7-pin DIN connector. Does anyone have, or know where I can get a wiring diagram of the headets? I need to figure out which of the seven pins goes to which lead on the mic/earphones.

TIA!

I picked up a used Autocom off of eGay. The guy was upfront and said that one of the headset had been hacked apart. He sent me the mic and earphones, I just have to wire them to one end of cable, and the other end into a 7-pin DIN connector. Does anyone have, or know where I can get a wiring diagram of the headets? I need to figure out which of the seven pins goes to which lead on the mic/earphones.

TIA!

If you have a 10$ ohm meter, you can use that to trace your wires.....probably alot quicker than pissing around looking for a diagram...

Radio Shack sells $14 ohm meters. Bring your wires to them, buy the ohmmeter, and they will show you how. It's a piece of cake to do) Once you have seen it once, the basic idea will stick in yer head forever. They are pretty essential tools for a bike.

BTW I have an autocom and you will enjoy yours

After thinking about it, I realized I was thinking about it from the wrong angle. :icon_wall:

Using the ohm meter wouldn't work for me on the butchered headset... but it would work on the headset that's complete.

Just checking continuity of the wires of the mic and headphones and the prongs on the connector that plugs into the autocomm end of the unit!

Duh!

Nope... fixed it at the kitchen table an hour ago. Tested it, worked fine.

I just unplugged the speakers and mic from the good set and checked the continuity from each contact to the various plugs in the connection to the extension line. Worked out perfectly.

I'll save my notes and post them up, in case anyone else needs them in the future.