CBR1100XX.org Forum

No clothes?

Flitemdic

If I had to take the fairing off and ride across town, any ideas how I would accomplish this and still have the 1998 carb'd 'bird run?

I've heard this doesn't work too well, but I thought someone had figured out a way to do it.

Thoughts?

Go ahead and do it, it won't kill it or anything, just don't lug the engine too much at speed and you won't have problems with detonation... If you're really worried about it, you can put tape over the outside half of each duct, because putting one's hand over one of the ducts seemed to make the mixture about right again...

Jeff,

The intakes on the carb'd birds come over the frame the same place the FI 'birds' intakes do, but they just aren't ram air... It does cause some "hunting" and leaning out as speeds increase, without the fairings on...

mike

Thanks, guys. Going for paint next week, and I'm in Phoenix with no other way to get around. I'm going to hoof it to work, but need to get the bike there, take it apart, get it back to the hotel- nowhere to park it at the paint shop- and then go get the parts. I thought I'd read where it wouldn't run well without the nosecone, but I think the duct tape thing is a good idea.

Duane

If I had to take the fairing off and ride across town, any ideas how I would accomplish this and still have the 1998 carb'd 'bird run?

I've heard this doesn't work too well, but I thought someone had figured out a way to do it.

Thoughts?

Did it just last night full nekked and ran great. Went to the store and pressure washer. Plugged thge air intakes and washed it's naked ass clean. Ran great.