CBR1100XX.org Forum

Racetech valving

arcticflipper

I'm looking at the racetech website, wondering what I need to buy.

I see there's a fork gold valve kit, and also a rebound valve kit.

Do I need both?

Or do you normally only replace the rebound valves?

http://www.racetech.com/evalving/english/S...angname=english

Is there any cheaper place to get these from?

I replaced both kits, plus the springs, plus the oil, plus the seals, plus the slider bushings ( 51415-MBW-E11 - part #10 here http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/200_0351/fro...amp;parent=5570 ).

Then I drilled the extra holes in the valves, which turned out unnecessary apparently.

But since I did the job with a friend who's never done it before, I think we might have messed up somewhere. The result is better, but not sure if it's awesome.

The combination of shims, length of the spacer, spring rate and the oil level, all play the role here and these are the areas we could have messed up. Plus as I mentionned, we shouldn't have drilled the holes.... :icon_rolleyes:

If I were to do this again, I think I'd let a proffesional shop do it, although it was extra $200 then (here in Chicago, in the autorized RT dealer). RT charges $120, IIRC but you have to ship the forks obviously and they can't (I don't think !) set the sag for you....

Cheers,

Thanks for the info, I stripped the fork completely, but can't seem to figure out how to get to the valving inside the dampning rod.

I think I'll send it off to get done.

It's clearly not a DIY job for me.....

:icon_naughty::icon_naughty::icon_naughty:

Do I need both?

Or do you normally only replace the rebound valves?

Is there any cheaper place to get these from?

I say if you gonna do the rebound then do the compression too. likewise if you are going to make the front ride rigth then you better consider the rear too (New shock) It's a system within a system.

I do happen to have a brand new in the box set of 2040's right now and they are your's shipped for $140. PM me if interested. I have other Race tech stuff too soon to be listed in the classifieds.