CBR1100XX.org Forum

Gunk Remover

Hobicus

I've been trying to remove this mess with Goo Gone, and it's got me to the point I'm at:

IPB Image

Best as I can tell, this is some HARD glue of sorts. I don't want to use acetone or anything that might harm what's left of the clear coat, but I still need to remove this glue.

Any ideas of some stuff that's safe that will work?

I went thru the same sort of thing on my Gixxer. Either goo be gone or brake clean will eventualy work.....just be REALLY carefull on how much pressure you use, and work in a circular pattern.

What ever you do don't get all pissed off, loose your mind cause the jobs taking to long, and start scrubbing up and down and back and fourth and pushing and scrubbing etc like some other dummy I know did :icon_redface:

Mineral spirits or what body shops call "paint degreaser"

IMO acetone or brake cleaner is too harsh for paint.

You can also try a high quality (like 3M, etc) very fine paint polish (super fine rubbing compound)

Good luck.

3M makes a adhesive remover part #08984. Tear a paper towel to the same shape as the glue spot soke the towel and apply to glue spot let set for about 4 or 5 min. you might want to put a rag below to cath run off. take another rag and wet it and with little light rubbing the adhesive will come off. the cleaner will not hurt the paint. :icon_lol: I am a body man painter and do this regularly.