CBR1100XX.org Forum

Diablo front/Strada rear??

bartonmd

I know people run Z6 rear, M1 front, but has anybody run a regular Diablo front and the Diablo Strada rear??

Also, how do you like the Diablo strada front compared to the rear??

How long do you get out of strada fronts compared to rears?

I'm VERY happy with the Powers and Roads, but figured I'd try something different this time... you know... play the field...

Thanks,

Mike

I'm running a Strada Rear right now... and it did pretty good in the wet on the way home from WiXX! Thats about all I can comment on.

:icon_biggrin:

You mean it rained on your way home too? :icon_eek::icon_biggrin:

BTW, what are you running in the front??

Mike

I'm running a Strada Rear right now... and it did pretty good in the wet on the way home from WiXX! Thats about all I can comment on.

:icon_biggrin:

You mean it rained on your way home too? :icon_eek::icon_biggrin:

BTW, what are you running in the front??

Mike

Right now I'm finishing off an Avon 45, but I have a Strada front ready to go on.

I know people run Z6 rear, M1 front, but has anybody run a regular Diablo front and the Diablo Strada rear??

Also, how do you like the Diablo strada front compared to the rear??

How long do you get out of strada fronts compared to rears?

I'm VERY happy with the Powers and Roads, but figured I'd try something different this time... you know... play the field...

Thanks,

Mike

Just don't do it.

I had Powers in both ends and I renewed them with Diablos...

Which are hot air balloons. Apart from being slower tires (once into the turn) they have the habbit to over inflate , i.e. overheat.

I was in vacation at Crete island. After a couple of days I noticed that after few miles (10-15) in the motorway with medium speeds - about 80 to 90 mph- (and a pillion) the rear of the bike was riding higher and also the ride was harsh. Next morning I checked that pressures were ok (42psi) and I left. After 15 miles I stopped to check the pressures.

Front was about 45 BUT rear was 49 to 50 psi. i've never done the same test whith the Powers but I was never bothered.

I've had several sets of Diablo front/Diablo Strada rear and have no complaints.

I've never run the Michelins, though, and everyone seems to be extremely happy with those.

All depends on where, when and how you ride.

I'm in Florida. Not a bunch of turns but my chicken stips are very narrow and I've had no sliding problems in the dry or rain. The bike feels very light on its feet with the Diablos and zero hands off bar wobble and no cupping.

The wear on the rear is good, but I'm comparing it to Dunslop 208's which were horrible.

I have no idea what mileage I'm getting from the tires.

Similar to LOGOMAN my dunlops cupped and wobbled (2003 xx) when due to be replaced, normal for old tyres so i believe, I'm runnin front diablo now in cold weather and love it, although they take time to heat up.

My dunlop sport rear has done 7,000 km and still has 1/3 to 1/4 left on it.

Still my favourite has to be Metzeller Metz 5's or M5's I think they are called.

Still in the shed with 1/4 left on it (rear) done 9,500KM (on my zx10).

Although I really liked the Dunlop sport on the front when it was new for grip (got 17,000km..yep).

Still I'm going to replace the rear with a Diablo just to see how they go all round. :icon_biggrin:

There really isn't much reason to run anything but Metzler z6/m1, I am considering an M3 front next time, just to try it out. But my opinion is just run whats a proven winner and so far the z6/m1 combo is tops

Just ordered Diablo Strada rear and standard Diablo front from SWMOTO for $126.xx shipped... I don't know why, but the Diablo Strada was $10 less than the Z6 for the front, and the Diablo front was $99 compared to like $106 or $107 for other fronts... I'll post up how I like the combo when these Powers are done... it's looking like I'm going to get ~7k out of the rear Power, and I'll take the front off when the rear goes, and it's got 2k more than the rear, because I put it on sooner...

Mike