CBR1100XX.org Forum

Carbs

Mr.XX

Last night I was trying to get the carbs off of my engine and the wouldnt come off

Is ther some kind of trick or something that I may have missed ??

I loosened all the clamps that I can see and figured it should come right off but that sucker is stuck tight

and since I have never taken them off before I want to make sure I didnt miss something that i might F'up by applying forcre to it

anyone? Bueller?

:icon_cool:

I removed my carbs about a week ago for the first time as well. They needed to be rocked back and forth a bit to free 'em up - but I didn't have a problem. Some of the more knowledgeable guys may have additional insight, but I can't think of why they'd be stuck.

-Kevin

Try to spray WD40 around the ends of the rubber boots and let it soak. Same for install spray some WD around the inside of the boots and the carbs will pop right on.

Funny I was thinking of trying that .... :icon_biggrin:

get a small tapping tool..

if that don't work get a larger tapping tool :icon_twisted:

Alot of times that will be stuck and stubborn and need some cussing.. Spray them down with some PB blaster and let them soak over night.

if that don't work get a small propane torch and try heating them up some :icon_lol:

Just kidding about the torch.. :icon_wink:

They are a lilttle hard to get off. Rock them. There was one guy a while back that never did get them off. He ended up working on the carbs on the bike. Not me.

That was me. Tried to remove the carbs from the bike to rejet it but never could get them off. Rocked them for hours on end to no avail. Even tied a rope to them and then to a pulley on the ceiling.... the bike started to pull off the ground and yet the carbs still stayed on. Ended up saying fuck it and was able to do it very carefully without removing them.

God forbid I ever need to remove them, it's going to the dealer - because there is no way in hell I can get them off....

They are a lilttle hard to get off. Rock them. There was one guy a while back that never did get them off. He ended up working on the carbs on the bike. Not me.

That was me. Tried to remove the carbs from the bike to rejet it but never could get them off. Rocked them for hours on end to no avail. Even tied a rope to them and then to a pulley on the ceiling.... the bike started to pull off the ground and yet the carbs still stayed on. Ended up saying fuck it and was able to do it very carefully without removing them.

God forbid I ever need to remove them, it's going to the dealer - because there is no way in hell I can get them off....

Wow .... I havent gone that far but I bet I would have the same results

I am going to stop by the parts place and get a feeler gauge and try and slip a blade up in there to break it loose .... I am hoping that if I can get one or two loose the others will rock off easier

:icon_wall:

the good news is I am pulling these off of my old/wrecked bike to exchange on the one I am riding since they are already jetted ... I hope the other set comes off eaiser than these.

I wanna do the swap before NEXXT