CBR1100XX.org Forum

Headlight lense protector

Aurora

Do Headlight lense protectors work? Would it be cheaper to get a replacement lense from Honda?

Did something happen to your headlight?

Seems those protectors are big with the European crowd.

I have 56K on my Bird and the headlight lense still looks new. :icon_think:

Then again I try and avoid following any large slow moving vehicles that throw debris at me. :icon_lol::icon_wink:

I've got one, but don't know that it's come into play...

Check servicehonda or ronayres about the price, but as I recall, it's prohibitively expensive... but at the same time, I live in a place with 4 gravel pits within 5 miles of me, so I inviaiable get stuck behind gravel trucks, or cars and trucks throw up gravel that the gravel trucks leave on the road... either way...

Mike

Do Headlight lense protectors work? Would it be cheaper to get a replacement lense from Honda?

I put one on because of alot of gravel flying up here. I put a light tint one on and normally take it off when riding outside of town at night. One thing I didn't really think of that I like about it is that while on trip out of town when the bugs get bad they are hitting the headlight protector all day. So you can pull off the lense protector your headlight is nice and clean rather than having 5lbs of bug guts on it.