CBR1100XX.org Forum

Extended Front Fender

Aurora

Does anyone make a one piece extended front fender?

Thx,

Duce

I don't know that anybody makes one... IMO, it's best to just by the Fenda-extenda for $30 and ABS-glue it on... I think it actually looks pretty factory, because it's the same pattern of matte plastic as the fairing surrounds...

Mike

No rivets?

Is the glue strong enough to keep the extender from flying off of the fender?

Does the glue come with the kit?

If you have to buy the glue, what is it called and where do you buy it?

Thx,

Duce

just go to your closest hardware store and get some cement for abs plastic. it comes in a metal can with a dabber inside attached to the lid. scrape up the attachment points and clamp them together while the glue is drying. let it sit overnight and you're done. easy as pie.

-b

(enjoying your new bird?)

just go to your closest hardware store and get some cement for abs plastic. it comes in a metal can with a dabber inside attached to the lid. scrape up the attachment points and clamp them together while the glue is drying. let it sit overnight and you're done. easy as pie.

-b

The bird is still in Sioux Falls. It is being shipped to Phoenix on the 18th. I have been working then Muskie fishing on Lake of the Woods.

Bob

-b

Yep, that's exactly what I did, and it's been on there for something like 18k miles through rain and slush and cold and heat, and is still hangin' strong...

Mike