CBR1100XX.org Forum

Kill switch, lanyard, tether, dead man’s switch........... help

Jaygermeister

Some of you have these setups on your bikes and some have said they have got a real clean unit from Pingel thats in satin black and uses the clutch or brake reservoir bracket.. Well I called them and spoke to a sales tech about that unit and he said they don’t come in black and he has no idea what I’m talking about..........

So can someone send a pick or any help my way?

Some of you have these setups on your bikes and some have said they have got a real clean unit from Pingel thats in satin black and uses the clutch or brake reservoir bracket.. Well I called them and spoke to a sales tech about that unit and he said they don’t come in black and he has no idea what I’m talking about..........

Did you look one up from Pingle for a newer ZX-10 like I mentioned before ?? If you still have no luck I can get one for you for $65+shipping. PM me if I can be of any assistance.

Did you look one up from Pingle for a newer ZX-10 like I mentioned before ?? If you still have no luck I can get one for you for $65+shipping. PM me if I can be of any assistance.

I even asked the guy at Pingel about a ZX-10 switch but he was clueless and said they weren’t model specific.

He told me this is all they had..............

http://www.pingelonline.com/kill_switches.htm

I even asked the guy at Pingel about a ZX-10 switch but he was clueless and said they weren’t model specific.

I'll get the part number tommorow. I can order a unit if you nned me to as well. How much of a rush are you in ?

I'll get the part number tommorow. I can order a unit if you nned me to as well. How much of a rush are you in ?

The part number would be great.

I kinda wanted it for this Friday night drag race ............... I got high hopes of busting into the 10's but it doesn’t matter I just want to get nice one that won't take up bar space.

Thanxx.

Jay,

I've still got the right hand switch box from my wrecked 99 you can have.

Thanks for the offer Jesse but I'm looking for a lanyard type kill switch for drag racing and track days.

I want one too so I can go kick Busa Butt with Adam at the drags!................Need it for tech at Moroso, but, I don't want to use it on the street so can you just turn them off until you go to the track?

Yes , you can disable them when not in use. Very easy operation to do as well. Jer, don't forget that you'll need full leathers/ boots / gloves as well to race.

I want one too so I can go kick Busa Butt with Adam at the drags!................Need it for tech at Moroso, but, I don't want to use it on the street so can you just turn them off until you go to the track?

Yes , you can disable them when not in use. Very easy operation to do as well. Jer, don't forget that you'll need full leathers/ boots / gloves as well to race.

Got all that stuff,..................Maybe by the time you get done making your xx pretty I'll have me a switch and go have some fun,........................but.................you probably won't wanna play no more cause you might scratch your bike or something..............................get it dirty.........................................................

:icon_biggrin::icon_lol::icon_angel:

Easy enough to fashion your own. I have always used a switch from a jet ski and made a little bracket to hold it, depending on the bike, either to the triple clamp or the handle bar. Nice thing is spare caps and lanyards can be obtained from the same source.

Use a cap with a lanyard when at the track, switch to a plain cap, which holds the little button in, for around town. Always keep a spare in the tool kit in case somebody recognizes it for what it is and removes the cap.

Wiring is simple as can be, just in series with the kill switch on your handle bar.

Ok, order the switch and now I need to know where to wire it in. Adam had mentioned a red wire next to the battery but I need some specifics on this procedure.

I do appreciate all the help. :icon_thumbsup:

Probably the easiest way is to open the harness coming off your right handgrip and locate the wire for the kill switch. Just splice the switch into the wire (either side as the switch wires in series). I don't have the schematic for the right side switch gear with me, it is home on my desktop. Someone else is sure to chime in with the proper wire color.

Jay, is the kill switch set up for track days? What else do they require in modifications to run at the track?

It's not for "track days" like at MSR it's for "drag racing" at Houston Raceway Park, if your bikes times drop into the 10's you need one of these type setups.

For Track Days you will need good tires (Duh) good chain and sprockets. You will need to tape up all lenses on the bike, tape up or remove you mirrors. All bolts must be in place. Now if you want to club race there is a whole list of other stuff that must be done to do that ...

There is a medium gauge red wire ( single ,,,, by itself ) located towards the left side of the bike just in front of the battery. It is connected to another red wire via a white connector. Tapping into this is by far the easiest way to interrupt ( kill ) the bike.

The carb birds must be a little different because the only connectors I found in this area didn't kill the bike. I ended up pulling the right dash panel off and tracing the on/off rocker switch wire out under the gage pod (black with a white dotted line) and splicing into it there. It works fine but if something goes wrong with the switch or if the lanyard gets lost or damaged I will have to pull the dash panel off to wire it back to stock........... under the seat would of been much better. I'll try and post up some pic tomorrow.

Thanxx again guys!

It works fine but if something goes wrong with the switch or if the lanyard gets lost or damaged I will have to pull the dash panel off to wire it back to stock

After getting everything back together I found that I will be able to reach under the dash and switch the wires back around if need be with out taking every thing apart. I am very pleased with the fit and finish of the PMR switch.

post-145-1156002827_thumb.jpg

post-145-1156002851_thumb.jpg

post-145-1156002892_thumb.jpg

post-145-1156002917_thumb.jpg