CBR1100XX.org Forum

Hey Warchild, thanks for the recommendation

MrBadExxample

Best grips I've used thus far, BMW Sport Grips. The outward taper fits my hand well.

[attachmentid=2546]

Right: 32721458396

Left: 32721458395

$8.00 each at Chicago BMW

I bought a set of the "CBR" grips on E Bay....love them.

How easy was it to replace the grips?

It's about the easiest thing you can do to the Bird.

Do a search of this section.

Lots of different techniques, but the one that I have found that works the best (by far and without any question) is the one that sonuds the craziest.

Don't bother with the Grip Glue. Use cheap, aerosol hairspray. Really. Spray on the bar to get it a little wet. Spray a little inside the the grip to wetten it. Quickly, while it is all a little wet, just slide on the new grip. Easy. Let it dry and bam, you're done. One of the grip manufacturers (I think it was Johar) actually recommends this method over using grip glue. Try it, you'll be amazed how easy it is and how secure the grip is.

They had better be comfy because they sure are ugly.

The wife loves 'em, must be the tapered ribs.

Ooohhhhh Sport Grip oh GOD, oh GOD, oh GOD Sport Grip YES!

I've always used compressed air to get grips off of motorcycle and mountain bike bars...

No fuss, no muss, just remove the bar-end caps or weights and stick a tapered nozzle on a blow gun between the grip and bar. A quick blast of air and they slip right off. Reverse the process by putting the nozzle on inboard end of the grip and slide it on.

I've always used compressed air to get grips off of motorcycle and mountain bike bars...

No fuss, no muss, just remove the bar-end caps or weights and stick a tapered nozzle on a blow gun between the grip and bar. A quick blast of air and they slip right off. Reverse the process by putting the nozzle on inboard end of the grip and slide it on.

+1

I used that method last week when changing grips. Worked like a champ. I also applied rubbing alcohol to the bar and grip, it slid right on. Then I blew some compressed air under the grip, which evaporated the rubbing alcohol. The grips are stuck, they don't budge.

It's about the easiest thing you can do to the Bird.

Do a search of this section.

Lots of different techniques, but the one that I have found that works the best (by far and without any question) is the one that sonuds the craziest.

Don't bother with the Grip Glue. Use cheap, aerosol hairspray. Really. Spray on the bar to get it a little wet. Spray a little inside the the grip to wetten it. Quickly, while it is all a little wet, just slide on the new grip. Easy. Let it dry and bam, you're done. One of the grip manufacturers (I think it was Johar) actually recommends this method over using grip glue. Try it, you'll be amazed how easy it is and how secure the grip is.

Yeah I have used the Johar foam grips on my old CB750 F and now on the BB and I used aerosol hair styling mouse that I " borrowed from the missus " slipped on like it was "KY" :icon_evilgrin: and has stuck like glue :icon_biggrin:

How are they on vibration? They are a rubber compound right?

The XX has so little vibration, I haven't noticed a difference. No vibes before or after in the bars.

Like most good grips, they're made from a soft supple rubber. They're new so they also feel a little tacky, which is good.