CBR1100XX.org Forum

Puig double bubble

Moriartii

I just installed a Puig double bubble on my 97 and am concerned about the "lens acting like a magnifying glass and concentrating heat". I purchased the dark smoke, is this going to be an issue?

TIA

Kinley

Guest rockmeupto125

I wouldn't. I've never heard of any problems of the sort. Still, If I lived in the kind of sun/heat that you do, I'd routinely cover the bike.

IIRC, this was only an issue on the TL, and one manufacturer of a double bubble type of windscreen.

Might also depend largely on how you parked your bike, and where the sun is in relevance to the bike.

Either way, it's a dark tint, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I've used the Puig double bubble on both of my CBR1000RR's and never had any issues with either one of them. They are BOTH the dark smoke. When I finally turned my '04 into a track bike, I reinstalled the factory windscreen because it is clear and I didn't want to spend the money on a clear Puig. Hope this helps.

Living in South Africa we generally have more sun than rain.

Also have a Puig DB installed, with no problems.

As the others have said - Don't worry about it.

I know earlier on there was a problem with the Wareagle screens and MRA screens that did melt or deform the dashboard on the bikes. Saw a couple of them at our local Honda Stealership with the damage. It was only the MRA and wareagle screens that did it.

I think that problem has been resolved by now?

Living in South Africa we generally have more sun than rain.

Also have a Puig DB installed, with no problems.

As the others have said - Don't worry about it.

I know earlier on there was a problem with the Wareagle screens and MRA screens that did melt or deform the dashboard on the bikes. Saw a couple of them at our local Honda Stealership with the damage. It was only the MRA and wareagle screens that did it.

I think that problem has been resolved by now?

According to the BIRD site there were problems with Powerbronze screens as well :icon_think: