CBR1100XX.org Forum

Front Brake Questions

Crew Dawg Dave

I'm getting a vibration when I hard on the front brakes or when I'm braking from high speed 130+...

Right front caliper bolts tight, but the caliper has movment (Up, down & side to side)

Question I have is,

1. has anyone else experance this??

2. Is anyone else right front caliper have any movement?? or is it solidly mounted??

Any help would be great...

FYI I have a 97 Bird with 46,500 miles, Race Tech forks...

I'm getting a vibration when I hard on the front brakes or when I'm braking from high speed 130+...

Right front caliper bolts tight, but the caliper has movment (Up, down & side to side)

Question I have is,

2. Is anyone else right front caliper have any movement?? or is it solidly mounted??

Another Arizona rider! They're just coming out of the woodwork this week... :icon_biggrin:

... we need to get together for a ride!

Have you checked for a warped rotor? How much movement are we talking about in the front caliper?

Have you checked for a warped rotor? How much movement are we talking about in the front caliper?

Rotor is NOT warped, the caliper is moving about 2mm in the mentioned directions

Another Arizona rider! They're just coming out of the woodwork this week...

Where and when??

I'm in Surprise

Rotor is NOT warped, the caliper is moving about 2mm in the mentioned directions

Another Arizona rider! They're just coming out of the woodwork this week...

Where and when??

I'm in Surprise

As far as I know I have 0 movement in mine, but i'll double check when I get home today.

Left side caliper should rotate fore and aft a bit as that is an integral part of the linked braking system. It should have little or no ability to twist or move in and out. Check the condition of the pivot bolt and bushing on the caliper mount. Mine has a little play in it and it is causing a groaning near the end of a stop.

Gonna order some parts when I get back from New Mexico next week.

How do the caliper bolts look? Any wear? Brake pads and rotors wearing uniformly?

The bolts look good and I took the brake apart this morning and the pins show some minor wear on the front pin and no wear on they aft pin.

Pads and rotor looks fine, no abnormal wear on either....

I recently changed my front tire and I going to have the front rotor rechecked to see if one was tweaked in the process…

• 2 months later...

Question I have is,

Found the problem.... Had a line that was not routed right on the left fork that is apart of the antidive. The line was pushing the fender into the tire as the forks compressed.... line rerouted, problem fixed. :icon_dance: