CBR1100XX.org Forum

Dealer Bent My Rim??

RXX

I had a new set O' Metzler M3's put on just before SeXXT by our local dealer.

I know, I know.....I am getting a tire thing from Harbor Freight before next set is due.

ANYWAY, I asked them to change them, and let me know if anything else needs attention while they are at it.

Get her back and go to SeXXT, and on the way I started noticing a chain noise (as per other thread)

I am monkeying around on the bike the last few weeks when I notice my rear rim is BENT.

It looks just like a tire tool type bend.

I have not dropped her, hit curbs, or anything like that.

Any recommendations on how to approach service manager?

The bend is very slight, by the way, but obvious.

I had a new set O' Metzler M3's put on just before SeXXT by our local dealer.

I know, I know.....I am getting a tire thing from Harbor Freight before next set is due.

ANYWAY, I asked them to change them, and let me know if anything else needs attention while they are at it.

Get her back and go to SeXXT, and on the way I started noticing a chain noise (as per other thread)

I am monkeying around on the bike the last few weeks when I notice my rear rim is BENT.

It looks just like a tire tool type bend.

I have not dropped her, hit curbs, or anything like that.

Any recommendations on how to approach service manager?

The bend is very slight, by the way, but obvious.

Go to him very politely and say excuse me sir, but the ham fisted knuckledragging asshole you have back there bent my fucking rim. I want a new one immediatly or I'm shoving this one right up your fucking ass :icon_evil:

As I said you must do the above very politely or he may get offended :icon_wink:

You could also begin farting in the dealership until they either give you a new wheel or shoot you...

Hope this helps :icon_duh:

Seriously I would take it back and explain the situation calmly and see how he reacts. If he seems like a decent guy and trys to help you great. If not see above :icon_twisted: