CBR1100XX.org Forum

Typical engine temp????

NewtotheBlackbird

Definitely normal temp readings under those conditions.

However... the stock suspension, even when new, is not going to do very well with a combined 530 lbs onboard.

You probably should consider some suspension upgrades.... :icon_think:

And welcome to the forum, BTW.

Definitely normal temp readings under those conditions.

However... the stock suspension, even when new, is not going to do very well with a combined 530 lbs onboard.

You probably should consider some suspension upgrades....

And welcome to the forum, BTW.

+1 ...and welcome

XX Manual

page 7

There is alot of fudge factor built into these numbers but upgraded suspension and possibly running your tires at a higher PSI than norm are things to look into.

The XX is really sensitve to air flow.

Running in proximity to cars in city traffic or even out on the highway can cause large temperature fluctuations.

Today, for example, I rode from Greensboro, NC to Tuscaloosa, AL, almost all on freeways in 100 degree temperatures. When running in the rare clear spots on I85 and I20, the temperture would hover at 186 degrees. Indicated speed, for the most part, was 90 mph. As soon as I would run up on the ineveitable clumps of cages, temps would climb to the 196 to 200 range. Move through the pile and right back to 186.

Couple of brief thunder showers had temps running down into the high 170's.

Given the high coolant pressure the XX uses, you don't have to worry about boilover until water temperature exceeds 250 degrees and I think the bike will shut itself down right around that. I routinely see 217 just sitting at a traffic light.

I think it was 254 that my temp gauge started flashing. Stop and Stop traffic at Daytona last year. Yes I did shut it down. 176 is where my thermostat regulates in cold weather.

Airflow is key. Ride behind cages, or even a group of bikes in hot weather, and the bike heats up fast.

Get in open air with the rpm up around 4k and the waterpump and radiator seem happy.