CBR1100XX.org Forum

Smoking Pipes???

Hankxx

I just installed the micron black-to-red fade on my '01 Bird. Ran them through a heat cycle and they started smoking. Smelled like some really good pot was used as the packing material.

Is this typical or could it be the hondabond i used on the phalanges(sp?)

Anyways...they sound awesome and are really damn close to a color match. I will have pictures up soon if any one is interested.

you smeel something burning? smells good whatever it is. :grin:

man no wonder its smoking get your fingers out of the pipe. :shock:

phalanges

Could be just some cra burning off. personally never seen a new pipe smoke real bad before. Is it the pipe smoking or is it the exhaust piping leading to the pipe. I'd say run it for 20 minutes in a controled enviroment and if nothing happens then nothing happens. If it burnd put out the flaes and send it back to the cpmpany.

Hondabond. If you put it on at the exhaust flange to engine mount your burning that stuff right off. Doughtfull if you should of used any sealer. You need asbestos, copper o-rings or similiar material to seal in area of high heat. I could remember when my kid painted his exhaust manifold (it was beautiful) until the heat burnt it right off. Need 1500 degree stuff here