CBR1100XX.org Forum

'99 XX full Yoshimura system PC III impact?

jab13

Anyone familiar with affects of installing a full Yoshimura system and later installing a PC? Just wondering what I should expect...cooler running in city traffic? It runs above the half mark when driving it in lower gears on mountain roads constantly on and off throttle or stop and go city driving, but never touches the upper mark. On interstate and other open roads it usually runs in the lower half of the temp zone. I do not seem to have any flat spots, so will it improve performance noticably, or improve gas milage, I get between 38 and 40. I would just like to know what to expect before spending $300+. Any suggestions on finding a used one, probably not many out there since this version seems to be a recent release...

I had a Yoshi system and a PC2 with a custom map. Got 34 mpg or so . Ran well. Pulled the PC2 and been running without the PC for over a year now. I notice no difference in power/ heat issues or throttle response and now get 38 to 40 mpg.

I,m spending money on Gilles VarioBars....my older back cares more about comfort