CBR1100XX.org Forum

Lower Cowl "Pan Screws" & "Panel Fixing Clips"

2xx2

Hello Boys & Girls...

I tried searching for info on these, but I didn't find a source. Being new to my XX, and not that it's a major accomplishment, but I changed the oil & filter the other night.... and guess what? :icon_redface: Dumb ass that I am didn't snug in the cowl pan screws well enough. Actually, I missed one. And guess what? :icon_redface: It's long gone....

So... where do I get the actual "XX pattern pan screws" without dealing with my local stealer? Since I've been known to be stupid more than once, I'll probably want to order a few extra of each size as well as the panel fixing clips. Anyone here have a stash?

I'm new to the board, but thanks goes out to all of you for all the information you have posted. This site is absolutely invaluable if you own a bird.

Many thanks in advance!!

Hoping that someone has and idea so I can quit :icon_wall: :icon_wall: :icon_wall: for being a dumbass.

Hello Boys & Girls...

I tried searching for info on these, but I didn't find a source. Being new to my XX, and not that it's a major accomplishment, but I changed the oil & filter the other night.... and guess what? :icon_redface: Dumb ass that I am didn't snug in the cowl pan screws well enough. Actually, I missed one. And guess what? :icon_redface: It's long gone....

So... where do I get the actual "XX pattern pan screws" without dealing with my local stealer? Since I've been known to be stupid more than once, I'll probably want to order a few extra of each size as well as the panel fixing clips. Anyone here have a stash?

I'm new to the board, but thanks goes out to all of you for all the information you have posted. This site is absolutely invaluable if you own a bird.

Many thanks in advance!!

Hoping that someone has and idea so I can quit :icon_wall: :icon_wall: :icon_wall: for being a dumbass.

You really don't need to remove the cowl to do an oil change. I've done it.. because it was already there or needed to remove it anyways.. but you can reach up and remove the filter from underneath and get the filter off without much difficulty.

Are you talking about the screws that hold the upper fairing to the lower one, or the ones that hold the lower to the frame (bigger than the other ones mentioned) or the black fairing clips?

Either way... I might have one or two of them. I need to take inventory for my 97 project, but I probably have a spare or two laying around. Send me a PM with what you need and your address.

They're not THAT expensive that you can't order them from a dealer, though. by the time you pay freight at the above links for one of them, you'll break even. My dealer gets that stuff in 2 days, usually.

Hey hey guys,

Many thanks for all the replies. I had read here that you could change the oil/filter without removing the cowl, but the bird is new to me, so I just had to open her up to see what was inside! For a simple change, I'll probably do it without removing the hardware next time.

Rich, many many thanks for the offer. BTW - It was the larger 6 dot pan screw that hold the lower cowl by attaching to the frame. I was able to look up the part #'s with the added help of you guys on the board, and a magical copy of the parts manual that appeared on my computer! I ordered it from dealer out of my area that will get them ASAP. The several local stealers are just plain worthless, and said it would be WEEKS before I saw the order. While I was at it, I ordered some extras of all the screw sizes an those pesky trim clips also.

Thanks again!