CBR1100XX.org Forum

Anybody use a brake light modulator?

Hookman49

My biggest fear is having a cage run up my ass. I am useing stock turnsignals so I think those can be seen pretty good. But would like to do somthing with the brake like to make it more noticeable.

This one was on Ebay but did not know anything about them. Anybody have one or seen one? How about anyother ideas?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...2409542461&rd=1

Ken

I have the "Back-off" modulator, from Signal Dynamics ( www.signaldynamics.com , or 800-785-1814) I can't find their price sheet right now, sorry. But I think it retails around $35. The P# is 1001.

As long as you hold the brake, it gives three short blinks and then one long, then it repeats the pattern.... The installation is very easy :!:

Also, I have it hooked up to my Givi bag brake light.

It lasts too, this is my third bike I've had it on since '96 :razz:

Cheers,

I also have the signal dynamics brake light modulator, I chose it over the www.kisantech.com modulator because like birdie_xx said it repeats itself the kisan doesn't.

BTW if you install one make sure you wire it in right at the tail light, the first time I installed mine I figured I'd wire it into the loom near the battery but then it only worked when one of the brake levers was engaged.

I also use there headlight modulator, it really makes a difference, I can see people looking at my bike trying to figure why the head light is flickering I even had this guy pull up next to me to tell me there was something wrong with my head light.

Plus it has a feature that at night(there is a photo cell that doesn't allow it to work at night)if you blow the horn your head light will modulate(slowly) for 2.5 seconds.

I'm putting on the Givi E52 w integrated brake light on (as soon as the backordered XX Monorack arrives, aaarrrggghhhh) and have been giving very serious thought to do the Signal Dynamics Taillight Modulator. Now, I check my rear view mirror when slowing down or coming to a stop, if potential clueless cager is approaching my 6 o'clock, i start tapping the front lever. I always leave plenty of room between front tire and bumper in front of me positioned in the lane to shoot gap just case the tapping front lever doesn't wake 'em out of the zone their in. I've had to shoot the gap w a couple of times, once squealing brakes and the other the bang of crunching metal. Scares the sh!t outta ya even when u know it's coming. The worst is the squealing brakes and u did NOT :shock: see the approaching vehicle in your mirror.

>>>

I have the Signal Dynamics Headlight modulator and it's like Travlnman says. Without a doubt the most important safety item on the bike other than the brain bucket. I wouldn't ride without one. I also have foglights mounted on lower forks (via dremeled aluminum stock) that really helps, esp. at nigth when it's ez to get lost in the cloud of headlights.