CBR1100XX.org Forum

rear shock

Canadian Bird

After 90,000 kms, I need to replace my rear shock and I'm leaning to Penske. I would like to replace the front springs as well. Who has Penske? Other suggestions. I know Jaws, the UK, rebuilds them, but I can't find anyone in Vancouver, and I think I want to upgrade so comments welcome. I don't want to break the bank although I suspect it will cost a bit Thanks.

Sorry you missed the Group Buy Warchild put together for Traxxion front suspension and Penske rear shocks for the XX. I bought both and couldn't be happier -- biggest improvement of any mod I've added to the Bird. Here's a page from WC's site that if you scroll well down, you'll see the discussion of the Penske shocks (I got the 8981):

http://www.superblackbird.com/traxxion/TraxxionDetails.cfm

Since the group buy is over, you might want to contact Mike at CTS Moto about getting them. Mike was the vendor through whom the GB deal ran, and I suspect he can hook you up. He can be reached at:

mike@ctsmoto.com

http://www.ctsmoto.com/

Go Hyperpro.

They have a new 3-D shock, which will be available for the Blackbird shortly.

Apart from all great Hyperpro things like a fully progressive spring, this shock is modular. This makes it easy to use the shock on your next bike, by only replacing a few parts of the shock....

www.hyperpro.com

I'll add a strong recommendation for Penske. I've run my 8981 for several years now and it's been bullet proof. (unlike some of the competitors :icon_stickpoke: )

The shock really transformed the performance and ride of my bike.

Go Hyperpro.

Apart from all great Hyperpro things like a fully progressive spring, this shock is modular. This makes it easy to use the shock on your next bike, by only replacing a few parts of the shock....

www.hyperpro.com

Actually, I'm going to be in the market for a shock in the next few months, and am leaning toward the Hyperpro with the progressive spring and the remote preload adjuster... I know you're not supposed to need both, but there's quite a bit of difference between me by myself (180lbs) and me, my 6' tall wife, and 60lbs of luggage, such that I couldn't get a standard spring just for me, and be able to adjust the preload enough to get the sag set for 2-up with luggage...

Mike

I am getting ready to pull out my Hyperpro front Progressive springs and replace them with the new set-up I got from Jaws this year at the Bash. Made in Germany by the company who also makes the Race tech springs.

Also I have on order from Honda a pair of new Chrome upper tubes since my have gotten rusty and replacing the seals at the same time.

Anyone interested in a pair of 1 year old Hyperpro Full Progressive springs for the Bird let me know and as soon as Honda sends me the new tubes they will be available.

Anyone interested in a pair of 1 year old Hyperpro Full Progressive springs for the Bird let me know and as soon as Honda sends me the new tubes they will be available.

John,

I might be interested in these springs. Does rider weight matter, meaning are there

different versions available? If so, I'd need to find out if yours are right for someone

that weighs in at 150 soaking wet (i.e. me...). I'll PM, too.

Go Hyperpro.

www.hyperpro.com

Frank,

When is the 3-D shock expected and do you have a general idea of what the price might be in USD?

I've used Hyperpro springs (front and rear) for 20,000 miles and have been very pleased with the quality and the ride. I do realize that the rear spring is on an OEM rear shock with 36,000 miles on it so a replacement will be needed one of these days.

John,

I might be interested in these springs. Does rider weight matter, meaning are there

different versions available? If so, I'd need to find out if yours are right for someone

Like most everything new it made a very noticable difference when it was installed but since I was replacing the fork tubes and got a deal I couldn't pass up from Jaws when I was staying with him I had to give his setup a try since the Britt's swear by it over there.

I am all of 150 lbs with clothes on myself. Weight is not a factor according to HyperPro on the progressivees but then we are about the same anyway.

John

John,

Like most everything new it made a very noticable difference when it was installed but since I was replacing the fork tubes and got a deal I couldn't pass up from Jaws when I was staying with him I had to give his setup a try since the Britt's swear by it over there.

I am all of 150 lbs with clothes on myself. Weight is not a factor according to HyperPro on the progressivees but then we are about the same anyway.

John

Just that much too late.....

John, if Keith doesn't hop on this, I will.

PM sent.