CBR1100XX.org Forum

Some mid-range hesitation?

FloridaSilverBird

Lend me your nipples of knowledge...

Went for a ride tonight and noticed that there is a lot of weird behavior especially around mid-range rpm's. Its odd because I can't notice it at all when in first gear throughout the rpm range (seems normal) but when I get into higher gears, especially 3+ you can just feel the bike kind of wobbling forward and backward slightly from power transfer to the rear wheel kind of "thumping" instead of being nice and smooth, if you know what I mean. Also if I am in 2nd gear and especially in higher gears there is horrible hesitation if I try to roll-on from around 4-5.5 krpm. If I keep on the throttle it becomes unnoticable after I get into the 7k+ range.

My first thought is that a plug or plugs are misfiring, but does anyone think the problem could be more involved, such as with the carbs/jets?

:icon_think:

Lend me your nipples of knowledge...

Went for a ride tonight and noticed that there is a lot of weird behavior especially around mid-range rpm's. Its odd because I can't notice it at all when in first gear throughout the rpm range (seems normal) but when I get into higher gears, especially 3+ you can just feel the bike kind of wobbling forward and backward slightly from power transfer to the rear wheel kind of "thumping" instead of being nice and smooth, if you know what I mean. Also if I am in 2nd gear and especially in higher gears there is horrible hesitation if I try to roll-on from around 4-5.5 krpm. If I keep on the throttle it becomes unnoticable after I get into the 7k+ range.

My first thought is that a plug or plugs are misfiring, but does anyone think the problem could be more involved, such as with the carbs/jets?

:icon_think:

Run some carb cleaner thru the task (you guys use seafoam, I use Wynns Spitfire)

Works a charm.

How old are your plugs? Have you used a crap grade of gas?