CBR1100XX.org Forum

Drop-off at 7k

SBBXX

On Saturday I noticed that at 7k, where I should see a surge, I get a power drop-off instead. Same thing this morning. :icon_confused: If I run something through to clean the jets/carb, am I far off base? If so, any recommendations as to what? If not, what else do you think it could be? I know there must be a fuel filter somewhere but I've never changed it, nor (I have to admit) do I know where it is. It's a 97 with about 95,000 km.

thanks

marty

fuel filter on the '97's is a screen in the fuel tank, above the petcock... I'd think it'd be pretty hard to get it clogged though...

Now, do you mean the power completely CUTS OFF, or it just doesn't hit like you were expecting?

Mike

Mike

Just kind of bogs down a bit. There's still some acceleration, but not near what I used to get. The plugs are new last year. The air filter is new, the end of last year but there's been a lot of this fine pollen in the air lately.

Start with the easy first. run 1/2 a can of Seafom through with a tank.

After that pull your petcock and check the diaphram for holes and do a fuel flow check.

Then it's time to go in the carbs and check for clogged jets and torn vac. slide rubbers.