CBR1100XX.org Forum

FAST TURN SIGNAL

stewmg

I finally got the Duccati bags installed on the bird (photo's to follow), they fit great. I had to cut a slot through the rear cowling so I could bolt the rack to the frame but you can't see it when the bags are on. Problem is, when I hooked up the new turn signals, that came with the bags, the turn signals are doing double time.

Any suggestions as to what I screwed up?? :icon_wall:

I took the bike out for a spin, running 90-95 and the bags seemed to add stability. I had been worried about that for no reason I guess.

Anyway, all I have to do is scrape the Duccati logo off the bags, paint the covers the "fast" titanium colour to match the bike and I will call it done, for now.

Mark

I finally got the Duccati bags installed on the bird (photo's to follow), they fit great. I had to cut a slot through the rear cowling so I could bolt the rack to the frame but you can't see it when the bags are on. Problem is, when I hooked up the new turn signals, that came with the bags, the turn signals are doing double time.

I took the bike out for a spin, running 90-95 and the bags seemed to add stability. I had been worried about that for no reason I guess.

Anyway, all I have to do is scrape the Duccati logo off the bags, paint the covers the "fast" titanium colour to match the bike and I will call it done, for now.

Mark

Are they LED's? if so you need to install a resistor, or wire in a differtent (electronic I think) flasher relay. LED's don't draw enough current to trigger the stock relay.

Mark