CBR1100XX.org Forum

HID Bulbs

blkbrdrydr

When I bought my HID kit, I ordered 5000K bulbs. Since then, I've always thought that the light was more blue than I wanted so I've begun to consider ordering a pair of 4300K bulbs.

There seems to be many suppliers that sell those on eBay but before I ordered any, I wanted to know if the ones that came with our McCullough HID kits had standard connections or if they were special.

Do all HID bulbs have the same connectors?

I've had both the 5300k (on my '97) and the 4300K (on my '01).

Here's a few pic of my HID 4300K setup if that helps...

[attachmentid=1171]

[attachmentid=1172]

[attachmentid=1173]

[attachmentid=1174]

As for the connector's... Can't answer that, never used them, just plugged in the spades into the OEM connector's and taped them up.

Got HID? :icon_razz:

post-147-1149311327_thumb.jpg

post-147-1149311341_thumb.jpg

post-147-1149311357_thumb.jpg

post-147-1149311372_thumb.jpg

I've had both the 5300k (on my '97) and the 4300K (on my '01).

Here's a few pic of my HID 4300K setup if that helps...

[attachmentid=1171]

[attachmentid=1172]

[attachmentid=1173]

[attachmentid=1174]

As for the connector's... Can't answer that, never used them, just plugged in the spades into the OEM connector's and taped them up.

Got HID? :icon_razz:

I ordered the 4300 bulbs but there is no way to tell from the bulb what it is, the only id I could see where the numbers 622 etched into the plastic

anyone know how to tell the difference between bulbs

Guest rockmeupto125

They're called AMP connectors (Eh-em-pee) and all but the most proprietary aftermarket HID systems use them. Similar (but not similar enough) connectors are found on later model fuel injection/emissions sensors on US autos.

Anybody know of a source for Philips 4300K bulbs???

Not in the way your after... Philips manufactures HID bulbs with a D2S and D2R base... Which is designed for OEM HID applications. Most of the kits use a re-based bulb that will work in headlight housings designed for Halogen bulbs... Hence the H7/H4/H3 type base. So the short answer is no... Unless you want to try and retrofit an OEM HID assembly from some car into your Bird's housing.

So, a rebased Philips bulb is what I'm looking for?

I think that I found a seller of those on ebay yesterday. As I recall, the bulbs were around $110 each.

That should do it... The price sounds aboout right. Make sure that it's rebased as a H7.