CBR1100XX.org Forum

Tire expiration date?

Obby

Almost everything in the world has a shelf life...

tires included.

The rubber drys out and gets hard..... er.

What is the shelf life of tires... I don't know, but as fars as my own personnal practices go.. my limit is 2 years.

I'll add the question....

Is there anyway to determin when a tire was made ?

Because I realize that I start my 2 year mark from the time I buy the Tire.... and I don't really know how long it's been sitting on the shelf at the Store or the wharehouse.

I also try and buy the softest feeling rubber.... when I make my purchase... I try and stick my thumb nail in it.

Guest rockmeupto125

The last four digits of the DOT tire code on the sidewall show the year and week that the tire was manufactured. For instance, a tire stamped 3205 means the tire was made in the 32nd week of 2005.

My question is....its been so hot here, that in the afternoon when I check the tires I have in stock on my porch, they are already sticky.

Does each day count as a heat cycle?

The last four digits of the DOT tire code on the sidewall show the year and week that the tire was manufactured. For instance, a tire stamped 3205 means the tire was made in the 32nd week of 2005.

My question is....its been so hot here, that in the afternoon when I check the tires I have in stock on my porch, they are already sticky.

That's a pretty cool fact.

So I guess I'll have another tire coffee table? :icon_wall:

You big baby... :icon_biggrin:

106 here today, waddya got? hu? 80?

It's so hot here the tires melt to the pavement if I'm not moving, gotta put it on the centerstand everywhere I park! :icon_razz:

Thanks...

and ... that's not sticky... that's Clamy... :icon_lol: