CBR1100XX.org Forum

Bike won't start!!!

HandyAndy888

Hello everyone,

Got home from work, wanted to go for a quick blast. Put on choke as far she'll go, she fired up no worries. Bike is idling and I start hearing this sound from the front of the bike (sounds like the clutch basket?). Anyway, so I give it a rev or two...she doesn;t want to go past 3000-4000rpm, rpms start to drop and she dies! End of story...I tried to get it going, she's cranking over, and cranking over but nothing fires...sounds like fouled plugs, right?

I might get the self cleaning type we can buy here in Australia, they might do the trick..oh, I hope its only the plugs...

Q. Which panels do I have to remove to get to the spark plugs???

Sounds like fouled s-plugs.How long was she running with the choke on? Remove the seat the gas tank

the air box and you should be able to change the s-plugs .You will need the s-plug wrench in the tool kit with a 10mm wrench or socket. good luck

try shutting off the fuel hold throttle wide open and crank it it should clear it self out. A jump starter will help also(spins the motor faster) good luck

+ 1

Try this before you start pulling plugs. Even before you lift the tank: WOT and crank. good luck

When it's hot I use very little choke. Basically fast idle only until it smooths out, and that's it.

marty