CBR1100XX.org Forum

'99 Bird Guage cluster

Rice_Burner

The lighting on the guage cluster basically sucks. The lighting is dim at best and looks like there are only two points of lighting on either end of the cluster. Is there a way to improve the lighting of the cluster. Currently speedo is only lit up to about 90 mph and the tach is not lit until about 9K. Ideally, it would be nice to have the cluster fully lit. I don't think that I want to change the cluster, I prefer the analog to the digital. I just would like to improve the illumination. Besides, what good is only being able to see up to 90 mph on the Bird?! :icon_twisted::icon_dance::icon_wink:

RB

Guest rockmeupto125

You don't need to look at the speedo if you are going over ninety and you need a dash light to see. :icon_eek:

There's several bulbs in that housing...think you might have a couple burnt out?

There's several bulbs in that housing...think you might have a couple burnt out?

That may be the answer. Right now it looks like there are only two light sources - outside the speedo and outside the tach. I will have to look at pulling the cluster out and taking a look, the next time Squareman and I have a maintenance meeting.

That may be the answer. Right now it looks like there are only two light sources - outside the speedo and outside the tach. I will have to look at pulling the cluster out and taking a look, the next time Squareman and I have a maintenance meeting.

LOL! Is that what we're calling it :icon_twisted: ? Bring it on bub. We'll get the gauge cluster sorted out and lit properly and get you back on the road in no time. Maybe that's an excuse to come down to Kentucky... :icon_think: