CBR1100XX.org Forum

HID Install

MarchyXX

Well after ordering my new HID kit friday just gone I was a little unsure how to install so i had some spare time at work tuesday and had a look once i was looking i thought stuff it ill just do it and away i went i did a very rough job as i still needed to tidy the wires etc up so today on my day off i pulled it all part again and put it all in nice and neat. I found it pretty easy apart from getting the nuts back on that hold the dash in place and then i had one of the small boxes in the way of the windscreen so when pushing it back in the rubber grommets would push out and id have to start again VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!! so i cut the ties and moved them a bit they are in a much better spot now anyway so im happy. Thanks again for all the advice and a great forum! Here is a couple of pics.

Pic with the dash out for access

[attachmentid=1049]

The extra bits that were fitted the 2 black ones that are partially hidden were moved

[attachmentid=1052]

Cant even see anything different very happy with the lights and my handywork

[attachmentid=1051]

Cheers

Marchy

post-2815-1148448984_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1148449079_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1148449300_thumb.jpg

Looks like a nice install. I've heard other people sticking the ballast on the back of the digi dash like that. I'm just worried that they would get to hot and fry the dash. I don't recall anyone having issue though.

If anyone has issues with that, speak up!

-Obby

Looks like a nice install. I've heard other people sticking the ballast on the back of the digi dash like that. I'm just worried that they would get to hot and fry the dash. I don't recall anyone having issue though.

If anyone has issues with that, speak up!

-Obby

Yeah that thought did cross my mind but i didnt see anything in the book and i figured they say to use the double sided tape it cant get too hot i guess ill have to wait and see

Hi Everybody

I'm picking up an 03 BB tomorrow and aim looking at the doing this too...MarchyXX where did you order your kit from and what was the approximate cost of it?...I have already organised an alarm system, heated grips and this is the last thing before i tear the bike apart.

Cheers,

:icon_biggrin:

Hi Everybody

I'm picking up an 03 BB tomorrow and aim looking at the doing this too...MarchyXX where did you order your kit from and what was the approximate cost of it?...I have already organised an alarm system, heated grips and this is the last thing before i tear the bike apart.

Cheers,

Everything you need is right here.

Welcome to the board.

marty

How did you stop the bulb from wiggling in place? I put mine in, then took it out because I couldn't get the bulb to stay in solid. Someone had mentioned using a washer from a garden hose, but I wasn't sure how it would be applied and I couldn't find specific references on the board (try searching for HID..hehe).

How did you stop the bulb from wiggling in place? I put mine in, then took it out because I couldn't get the bulb to stay in solid. Someone had mentioned using a washer from a garden hose, but I wasn't sure how it would be applied and I couldn't find specific references on the board (try searching for HID..hehe).

Hi Mike

Welcome back. How was the trip?

I used an old dust boot that was laying around the garage. Some are doing the same with old spark-plug caps, just triming them down. I don't see why the hose washer wouldn't work just fine. I'm sure I saw pics somewhere.

marty

Hi Everybody

Cheers,

Everything you need is right here.

Welcome to the board.

marty

Yep thats what i was going to say I used the hose washers but i think i will need to look at another plan of attack as the clip only holds one side and i still get some movement i may just cut the spacers from the standard globes and use them.

Cheers

Marchy