CBR1100XX.org Forum

Quick question

Obby

I've been looking around a few places to find a replacement 18T front for my '01. Where are you guys buying them from?

Thanks,

Obby

PS. Before anyone asks, I ride 90% Hwy, that's why :icon_wink: .

I've been looking around a few places to find a replacement 18T front for my '01. Where are you guys buying them from?

Thanks,

Obby

JT makes one. Of course it's not going to have the damper blah blah blah. Any dealer who sells out of the Tucker Rocky or Parts Unlimited catalogs will be able to get you one. They're about $20.

Thanks,

Obby

JT makes one. Of course it's not going to have the damper blah blah blah. Any dealer who sells out of the Tucker Rocky or Parts Unlimited catalogs will be able to get you one. They're about $20.

+1 That's where I got mine. A local small shop ordered me a JT and came in the next day.

As far as the damper thing goes my bike now puts out a slight whine that melds with the tire noise on the pavement. Barely noticeable. I'm still loving the 18 tooth more everyday. :icon_dance:

Cool, thanks for the tips guys. The noise does worry me a little, but for 20 bucks it's worth a shot. Hoping to get a little better gas mileage as well as lower the rev's. Currently the bird is rev'ing at a little over 5k for most of my commute (about 85mph indicated). Gas mileage is consistently 38mpg. I would love to see 40 or better on my 64mile commute.

+1, I just switched to an 18t this last weekend, and the only noticeable difference is the 6th gear roll on power. Even that isn't anything serious. Still has plenty to get you around a car. Or whatever else you might want to do. I think the XX shoulda come with an 18t from the factory.

+1, I just switched to an 18t this last weekend, and the only noticeable difference is the 6th gear roll on power. Even that isn't anything serious. Still has plenty to get you around a car. Or whatever else you might want to do. I think the XX shoulda come with an 18t from the factory.

It probably would have if it wasn't a "top speed" bike...

Mike