CBR1100XX.org Forum

Lost Windscreen fasteners

county

So, I gotta stock and a Cheetah and a Givi and in the process of changing I have lost (they fell into the bike) whatever the two middle screws (right and left) anchor to and even if I had the nuts or whatever the pieces are I have no fcuking idea how to place them so they will remain in place while I fit the shield and start the screws.

So, any info on what to use (other than ordering the OEM) and more importantly, how would I put the "nut" in place, fit the shield and start the screws?

So, I gotta stock and a Cheetah and a Givi and in the process of changing I have lost (they fell into the bike) whatever the two middle screws (right and left) anchor to and even if I had the nuts or whatever the pieces are I have no fcuking idea how to place them so they will remain in place while I fit the shield and start the screws.

So, any info on what to use (other than ordering the OEM) and more importantly, how would I put the "nut" in place, fit the shield and start the screws?

They are little black gromment with a nut built in them. They are readily available at the stealership.... I lost one over the winter, while doing upgrades in the basement. I picked up a few spares for under $10 at the dealer, as they always pop out whenever I pull the screen out.

They are called well nuts I believe and more than likely they are sitting just under the headlight on top of the cowl in that little tiny area. You may want to remove the little port cover and look. Ask me how I know this. Also may be down in the crease of the upper cowl along the side where it joins the inner cowl. Ask me how I know.

If you end up getting new ones, what I did was install in windscreen like supposed to, then take a washer and tighten the mounting bolt squishing out the rubber; let sit for a while (this is windscreen off the bike). Flares it out and helps it hold a flatten squished shape. Also if you have the side trim off stick a rag down on the side, will help when they pop out again, cause they will--ask me how I know.

Good luck

Kinley

Well nuts are available at any good hardware store (the local Ace has them in

many sizes). If your missing well nut isn't just under the windshield, take my

advice and go the hardware store with one of the others and match it up; when

one of my well nuts dropped inside the front fairing, I had to disassemble the

whole thing to find it. If I'd known these were readily available from hardware

stores, I could have saved myself a bunch of unnecessary work...