CBR1100XX.org Forum

16T Vs. 47T

cbr1100xxflame

Sorry if this is a repost or similar to other posts. I did review the older posts but did not find much in regards to Front Sprocket versus Rear Sprocket. I have the Excel Spread and it appears that there is no difference.

I want more from my bike at the low end. So either I go up on the back or down on the front.

I have had a hard time finding a 48T rear but I have found some. They are a little higher in price.

Does anyone know any reason why not to go down a tooth on the Front to a 16T?

PROs & CONs to either?

Also if I go up a tooth I have to spend more on the Chain since I will need a 120 link cut down.

Any recommendations or this issue?

I also posted a group buy option for the ZVM2 Chain for $128 which by my research is best the price in the country right now. This is a newer chain and shows to be better than the ZVM. The T rating is around 10500.

Please let me know your thoughts about changing???

CBR1100xxFlame

Flame...

I just kicked your GB thread in the teeth, but that's not the cheapest...

Anyway, down 1 in front is ~the same as up 3 in the rear... The only thing about going down in the front would be that, theoretically at least, the chain will wear faster, because it bends at a tighter radius, plus if you go up in the rear instead, you can keep the factory rubber damped sprocket... but then, if you go down in the front, you're taking weight AWAY from the rotating assy, vs. going up in the rear, you're ADDING weight to it... 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other from where I sit...

Mike

You can still use the stock length chain for the -1 in front. You'll probably have to get a longer chain for the +3 in the rear. You can always do like me, -1 in front and +1 in back, and the adjustment marks are just like stock :icon_evilgrin: .

Just get a RC51 or VFR 16t countershaft sprocket and call it a day! :icon_wink::icon_biggrin:

I've done both, and I am back to stock gearing because I didn't care to hear a 1137cc wind out on the hwy like a gsxr750. If you want a honda factory 16t front, shoot me a email and I may be able to help you out.

Marcus