CBR1100XX.org Forum

Changing the Air Filter

kjclark7

i am about to change the air filter and read that you need to fully take the tank off to get at changing the filter. is there a way to change the air filter without taking the tank off fully? can it be done just by raising up the tank? i dont want to take off all the lines which means i'll have gas spillage. thanks guys for any info.

kevin

i am about to change the air filter and read that you need to fully take the tank off to get at changing the filter. is there a way to change the air filter without taking the tank off fully? can it be done just by raising up the tank? i dont want to take off all the lines which means i'll have gas spillage. thanks guys for any info.

kevin

Yep. Just remove those two bolts on the rear of the tank, lift the rear a few inches and wiggle it back out of the front mount, set the rear down and lift the front and go to town.

thanks,

i just changed it and it took me 10 minutes, with the help of my wife who held up the tank. i appreciate the help, saved me a lot of time and i bet aggravation.

kevin

Wow, 41mins after the original post and he's done...........

i wonder what took him

i think he took a beer break

i did it the same way but i lifted the front of the tank with a strap to the floor joist in my garage

How did strapping it to a floor joist hold it up :icon_stickpoke:

:icon_biggrin:

thanks,

i just changed it and it took me 10 minutes, with the help of my wife who held up the tank. i appreciate the help, saved me a lot of time and i bet aggravation.

kevin

:icon_needpics:

Of the wife... not the bike.

:icon_lol: Oh wait.. this isn't the pub. :icon_redface:

i wonder what took him

i think he took a beer break

i did it the same way but i lifted the front of the tank with a strap to the floor joist in my garage

it took him so long because the wife was holding the tank and he had to get his own beer :icon_wink: