CBR1100XX.org Forum

This has me scratching my head

Warpster

OK, I have been having some trouble shifting 1-2 and 2-1. It's just being a bitch sometimes and not very smooth. Thats just a little info. The main concern that has me wondering WTF is this morning I go to roll back the bird for a morning ride and it felt like I ran up against something on the floor. Again, I am pushing it backwards, in nutral, not running and as alway clutch in. Ok, rolling back it feels like I hit something so I stop pushing back and it springs forward the same amount of resistance as I had going back. Very much like I was rolling up on a 4x4 or something like that. I look and there is nothing there. I pushed a little harder and heard a snap, and then all is well again. Did I have a hung brake, glazed clutch. fucked transmission what?? Seems fine now but me-no-likey shit like that. 03 6000 miles. Any thoughts

Guest rockmeupto125

With 6k miles, that's a pretty difficult guess.

I'd check the chain and front sprocket if you heard a snap as opposed to a clunk.

With 6k miles, that's a pretty difficult guess.

I'd check the chain and front sprocket if you heard a snap as opposed to a clunk.

+1 on the chain.

I think D2 had an '03 XX and the chain had kinked links at the 8k mark.

+2 on chain.

If the clutch was in, you should not have any of the transmission in play. I would think anything on the brakes would have released when you moved forward, not pushed it ahead.

The chain, can get a stuck link and give you that feel. Did you ride in rain recently? Wash it real good?

I cleaned one too good and let one link rust on me.

Put it on the center stand and watch the chain go round. Mine would jump slightly when the stuck link passed the front sprocket. Or move each link up and down by hand. You will feel the stiff one.