CBR1100XX.org Forum

New CCT installed

TitaniumBird

Got my new CCT from John01XX today, had it installed 15min after opening the package and I'm so excited! I'd had the noise in my top end for easily two seasons now, and being new to the board, I read various other posts about it, and was like, "hey, that's MY noise". Anyway, top end is quiet as a church mouse, I can't wait to take her out tomorrow and not hear that lousy clatter.

Funny, last year during in inspection I asked the mechanic about it (susuki shop) and he was clueless. You'd think there would be some kind of cross knowlege with these guys, he didn't give a rats ass though... His only comment was, don't worry about it, it won't likely hurt anything.

Clutch basket is the other noise, Honda mechanic said not to worry about that either, very common for this bike.

Minor quirks all, I LOVE THIS BIKE! :)

Thanks to all for the various posts and advice to others on this, very helpful, the R&R on the CCT was cake after viewing the various briefs on it.