CBR1100XX.org Forum

faint rattle in new bird

MarchyXX

Well i finally picked up the new bird on friday after a false start on the first try as there was a FI problem before i even picked the bike up. they grabbed another new bike off the floor and got it ready and i picked it up late arvo all was good. went for a lazy ride on saturday to put some ks on the clock and noticed a faint rattle between 3100 and 3600 rpm it went away after a while but today while riding around i noticed its back but louder this time and its starting at around 2700 rpm and dissapears around 3300 rpm. i cant really pinpoint where its coming from as yet just wondering if anyone has any ideas or should i just take it back to the dealer and get them to sort it out i have only done 350 ks so far and have taken it very easy so cant imagine its from abuse or worn out. on the up side i absolutley love the blackbird what an amazing machine to ride.

Cheers

Marchy

Well i finally picked up the new bird on friday after a false start on the first try as there was a FI problem before i even picked the bike up. they grabbed another new bike off the floor and got it ready and i picked it up late arvo all was good. went for a lazy ride on saturday to put some ks on the clock and noticed a faint rattle between 3100 and 3600 rpm it went away after a while but today while riding around i noticed its back but louder this time and its starting at around 2700 rpm and dissapears around 3300 rpm. i cant really pinpoint where its coming from as yet just wondering if anyone has any ideas or should i just take it back to the dealer and get them to sort it out i have only done 350 ks so far and have taken it very easy so cant imagine its from abuse or worn out. on the up side i absolutley love the blackbird what an amazing machine to ride.

Cheers

Marchy

I can't image it being gone but that sounds like the CCT(Lifter) do a search you'll find lots of posts on it...

Does it go away when you pull in the clutch?

Mine has a slight noise/vibration from the clutch.

Varies depending on operating temp. and oil weight.

Congrats on the new bike.

:icon_needpics:

Sounds like a loose nut behind the wheel to me (sorry, had to say that).

Bring it back for Gods sake. That rattle is a common sign of a faulty CCT. Hopefully that is all it is.

-Obby

I spoke to the dealer and they said they will have a look now i just need to get some time off work and take it in. but that doesnt look like it will happen for a while.

Cheers

Marchy

• 1 month later...

Faulty CCT, has been updated by Honda.

14520-MAT-E21 & 14523-MAL-A00

(CCT and Gasket) 2003