CBR1100XX.org Forum

Front spring spacer

bajjer9

Guys I have had hyperpro springs for quite a while and while they seem better than stock I just dont get that fuzzy feeling in regards to them. My brother was telling me about using PVC pipe to pre load the springs. I was thinking of trying this out. Anyone ever do something like this before? What size should I use? Anything to watch out for?

Thanks

Guys I have had hyperpro springs for quite a while and while they seem better than stock I just dont get that fuzzy feeling in regards to them. My brother was telling me about using PVC pipe to pre load the springs. I was thinking of trying this out. Anyone ever do something like this before? What size should I use? Anything to watch out for?

Thanks

Sure, it's an old cheapass-KLR-owner trick. Use the biggest OD pipe that will fit, schedule 80 or thicker, and make sure the ends are cut square and the two pretty damn close to the same length.

Thanks

Sure, it's an old cheapass-KLR-owner trick. Use the biggest OD pipe that will fit, schedule 80 or thicker, and make sure the ends are cut square and the two pretty damn close to the same length.

what length should I start with? Half an inch?

Thanks

what length should I start with? Half an inch?

Assuming there's none in there, a half inch to an inch sounds like a good place to start.