CBR1100XX.org Forum

Clip Ons

oswald900

Went to my local Honda dealer and sat on their CBR1100XX and i've fallen in love with it except for one thing.

I lean too far forward for the bars.I'll be riding the bike every day nad i could see myself ending up with a sore back and arm before i get to work.

What i'm tring to find out is there any other Clip Ons out there that would raise the height of them and make it a nicer reach for them ?

Or even if there is anything else out there i could do to make it better.

Would like to hear what options there are out there.

Cheers

Went to my local Honda dealer and sat on their CBR1100XX and i've fallen in love with it except for one thing.

I lean too far forward for the bars.I'll be riding the bike every day nad i could see myself ending up with a sore back and arm before i get to work.

What i'm tring to find out is there any other Clip Ons out there that would raise the height of them and make it a nicer reach for them ?

Or even if there is anything else out there i could do to make it better.

Would like to hear what options there are out there.

Cheers

Yes Helibars, and VFR bars are the most used.

If you learn to sit on the bike properly you will have none of those problems. The Blackbird has one of the best sets of ergonomics I have ever encountered on a sporting bike. Of course, I pretty much fit dead center in Honda's profile at 5'10", 31" inseam, 33" sleeve. I'm a bit bigger at 215 lbs and nearly 64 years old as well. I can easily ride this bike day after day doing 600 miles in a day with a longest of 870 miles so far.

The basic trick is learning how to bend your body. You have to bend at the hips, not the waist and let the core muscles of your body support your upper torso, NOT your arms and hands.

A whole lot more information can be found in this thread from the BMWST.com board.

Master Yoda

Guest rockmeupto125

Ditto Shovelstrokeed.

Keep in mind that you are sitting on the bike in the showroom. The XX is a GT bike, and is not outfitted for slow or in town riding, although of course, you can do that if necessary. The wind resistance at speed is part of what helps support you and keeps weight off your wrists. Riding with straight wrists, not bent, helps remind your body about proper alinement. Once you've ridden the bike a while, and your body adjusts to it, then consider what you may need to match the ergonomics to your own unique shape and style.

And repeating what others have said, there are several options available to the clip-ons. You can raise them on the fork tubes, change them out for Helibars or VFR bars placing them higher and further back, or opt for the adjustable clipons such as Gilles, or the LSL handlebar kits.