CBR1100XX.org Forum

Do You Wax Polished Parts?

blackhawkxx

I metal polish, not wax .. like the stuff you would use on chrome etc.

Be careful. Chrome polish and metal polish are two different things. Chrome polish is much more abrasive since chrome is alot tougher finish. Chrome polish such as "Turtle wax chrome polish and rust remover" does wonders for Chrome, but will scratch (dull) the fuck out of polished aluminum.

I metal polish, not wax .. like the stuff you would use on chrome etc.

Be careful. Chrome polish and metal polish are two different things. Chrome polish is much more abrasive since chrome is alot tougher finish. Chrome polish such as "Turtle wax chrome polish and rust remover" does wonders for Chrome, but will scratch (dull) the fuck out of polished aluminum.

I hear ya .. I believe the stuff I used was mothers metal polish .. it was not very abrasive, went on more like liquid car wax .. I did some chrome parts with it as well, and it worked fine.

Personally, I wax my wheels. It keeps the oxidation down to tolerable levels. I usually only hit my wheels with aluminum polish twice a year. If you don't wax polished aluminum and ride it in the rain, the water spots will make little oxidized places where the water dries on them.