CBR1100XX.org Forum

What other frnt forks work with 1100XX??

Lifeline

Hi there folks.

as anyone done a successful fork swap for the 1100XX? I've got mine all apart for fork Bearing replacement, and thought now would be good time to measure for new forks and triple clamps say from a CBR954 / CBR 1000RR ideally ... anyone help me??

Thanks from Canada[attachmentid=592]

post-2822-1145129280_thumb.jpg

Hi there folks.

as anyone done a successful fork swap for the 1100XX? I've got mine all apart for fork Bearing replacement, and thought now would be good time to measure for new forks and triple clamps say from a CBR954 / CBR 1000RR ideally ... anyone help me??

Thanks from Canada[attachmentid=592]

Ping Byrdman....He is doing a Busa front end.

There isn't a direct bolt up, if that is what you are looking for.

Oh, and welcome to the insanity.

Depending upon what you want out of it, maybe the best thing to do is to wait for Warchild to post up the Group Buy on the Traxxion adjustable rebound damping and preload front end set up -- sounds like he's getting close. It's not inverted, and I don't recall that it'll have compression damping, but it's a loooooong way toward what the Bird should have been shipped with as OEM forks.

+1 to what exskibum said!!!!

Whilst bolting up a SP1 or Busa front end is certainly very cool and trick, dropping in a set of the Traxxions is must more cost effective in both time and cost.. Depends on what you are looking for tho.

Kinley